Saturday, July 20, 2013

FASHION IS INDEED FUN!





Back when I was a High School student. I’m not really into a Fashion. I don’t care what types of outfit I’m wearing and I don’t care what other people would say about me. I was used to just getting up each morning throwing a pair of jeans, oversized shirts, and sneakers, and I was good to go.
Maybe because I’m not exposed in the fashion scene here in the country during high school or I’m not really updated about latest trend and all the fashion thingy. I find it intimidating when I see girls wearing sky high stilettos, cute tops and designer bags, because I once dream of wearing the same thing. And maybe because sometimes I see pieces or looks that I knew I would never be caught dead wearing because I didn’t think I’d be able to rock them.
But now, my mentality as long as the mentality of other People has changed. In this day and age, you are judged by what you wear. People greet each other with a cursory look at one’s outfit, and if appropriate, notes of approval. Either you’re In or Out!
For some, Fashion used as  a status symbol of sorts, a way to elevate their social standing.  If you shop at Topshop, Manggo, and Zara then you are considered elite, but if you shop at the thrift shop then you are no body because you are poor.  If you carry a Louis Vuitton bag then you are recognizable and respect worthy and If you own an  imitation LV  then  you are accordingly dubbed as social climber.
The bottom line is who cares if what you’re wearing was designed by so and so? Why should we follow trends and be made to look like each other’s clone? Like most of the Fashion bloggers! Why designers’ pieces are ridiculously expensive? 
Remember that Fashion doesn’t need to be expensive. At the end of the day, it’s not about the price that matters; it’s how you carry a certain outfit with confidence. As what Fashion designer Giavani Versace said “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make Fashion own you. You decide what you are, what you want to express in the way you dress and the way you live.” So Fashion is a form of self-expression. What you wear is a window to what goes on inside your minds and how you feel inside your heart, something that would reflect your character and your life style.
Guys, don’t be afraid to dressed-up. Explore and Experiment. Fashion is indeed Fun and Colorful. Fashion should be something we enjoy.  Just like me, Way back when I’m just starting my Fashion blog. I was dubbed as a Fashion Victim and even on the worst dressed list of my friend Swendy. But It didn’t stop me. I pursue what I know I am absolutely in love with and I’m doing it passionately.
Just be yourself always and dont  be afraid to try something new everyday.

Sasa

No comments:

Post a Comment